Re: RE: Starting issue solved....

From: Josh Battles (cletusjones@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2011 - 08:44:58 EST

> I always loved the teeny tiny 6mm nut that you had to put on the starter
> on the old 2.2/2.5L Chryslers. Tucked up right under the turbo and
> jammed up next to the firewall, above the CV axles and intermediate
> shaft and the turbo support bracket and water/oil lines so you had to
> put the nut on by feel only... oh the memories. Oh the cussing when you
> dropped it when it got oily...

The only problems I ever had with starters on a TD was getting it in and
out. The dogbone trans mount with that little shock was a whole different
story though. I ended up putting a solid mount in because the little shock
was such a bear to do. If only there was a way to replace a throwout bearing
without dropping the trans...

I'm also not a fan of pulling pins out of connectors and replacing
boards/plugs/harnesses.

- Josh