Re: Starting issue solved....

Date: Wed Feb 16 2011 - 01:52:04 EST

I did a home-made dogbone on the original trans in my Laser (525,
stamped steel diff cover) and the bolts the little shock mount to are
the diff cover bolts.

A few thousand miles of hard shifts and I had tranny fluid everywhere...
the stress ripped the bolts right out of the case and broke off one
corner of the case and the fluid drained out.

Just as well as I'd blown up the original 2.2... broke the ringlands on
#4 piston in more places than I'd care to remember.

Went to a 2.5L and a 555 transmission and it was fine until my Dad was
helping me troubleshoot an issue and disconnected the boost controller
and forgot to reconnect it... 23psi is cool until a piston goes.

Then the car went up in flames one night under mysterious circumstances
and I had to call the fire department to put it out.

Ahh, the good 'ol days. ;)

M.B.