Starting problems

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Tue May 03 2011 - 09:05:12 EDT

Aaron writes:: >> Hey guys.. My ole trucks been
getting tempermental. Occaisionally.. I'd try to starft
it, and it actually sounded like it was turning over fast
like it was low on compression. But would later fire
up and smell like it was floooded.
A couple of times. I had to come back and try again i
n a few minutes.. Each time with the same results..
Would eventually fire, and behave like the choke was
stuck for a few seconds.
Yesterday she didn't want to start.. and when I tried
this AM.. I still had the same results <<

You don't say what engine, year, etc & I don' know
what vehicles all on the list have, but here is an
observation from years of experience with carburetored
vehicles... Anytime you flood a cold start engine, it will
rotate faster than normal - why?? I don't have the
slightest idea, but it is fact. Someone else mentioned
an injector stuck open, but I would think it would take
more than 1 injector to cause the problem.. I'm sticking
with excess fuel though.

Face your past without regret.
Handle your present with confidence.
Prepare for the future without fear.