Re: EGR

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun May 08 2011 - 21:28:30 EDT

Jamie C <jamie12ga@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bill,
> I did some Googling and most of what I came up with stated that EGR was only
> up to '95. I know I have egr (tube from intake manifold to exhaust
> manifold, transducer/valve, canister by passenger fender, etc). And it's a
> '96...has an OBD II PCM (silver metal PCM, not black plastic OBD I PCM).

    Interesting. The rectangular metal box with 3 connectors, right?
I wonder if there was some sort of parts mixing during the changeover?
That would be weird, but I've learned "never say never" when it comes
to Mopar!. Do you happen to know your Dak's build date? If not, and
if you still have the decal on the driver's side door, you can get it
from there. Here's an example of what a Jeep decal looks like, should
be similar on your Dak: http://www.steigerperformance.com/libertybuilddate

> What was changed on later 3.9's, 5.2's and 5.9's to be able to run without
> egr?

    I believe they just removed all of the EGR crap and the computer
does not look for it.

--
                                          -Jon-