Re: EGR

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon May 09 2011 - 15:05:18 EDT

Jamie C <jamie12ga@gmail.com> wrote:
> I snapped a couple shots of the exhaust and intake manifold near the OBD II
> PCM...Some things you just need to see for yourself :) . Sent to j@sp.com
> I'm curious too so I'll be tracing the wire.

    That's neat. :-) This is one of those things where if your truck
is restored and judged at the Mopar Nats in 20 or 30 years, the judges
will dock you points for the EGR because "1996 trucks didn't have
EGR". There are all sorts of documented examples of cars from the
muscle era having stuff installed different than the way it was
supposed to be from the factory. You might actually have a rather
rare beast there! :-)

    It'll be interesting to see where that wire goes! I'm not sure if
you have a 1996 FSM or not, if not I've got one here with the PCM
outputs and would be happy to share that info if it turns out that the
wire does make it all the way to the PCM. If it does, the next thing
I might be inclined to do is to see if there is any sort of part
number legible on the PCM, to compare to other 1996 owners'. Or
possibly a stop at a dealership parts counter to inquire about a 1996
PCM to see if they have any option for a version with EGR. Anyway,
that sort of thing isn't important to your build obviously, but its
definitely a curiosity and I love a good mystery. :-)

--
                                          -Jon-