RE: Engine/Transmission options

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Sat May 21 2011 - 11:22:23 EDT

If I just pick up a engine/tranny combo, would it make since to just go ahead and do the 360? Since I would be picking up a tranny to go along with it, would there be much else I would need to change out to make it work? I've researched and looks like the 318 PCM will work. I also have a hypertech PCM piggy-backed, and also have a Mopar PCM (CA version) that I have laying around. Would the 1.7 rockers be a good fit with the 360? Don't take it to the drag-strip much (haven't in years actually since I have had issues with the transmission). It's more of an occasional daily driver thanks to gas prices, but I do like to get on it when I can :) So, torque would be the larger goal over hp.