Re: RE: Which base to build on?

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon May 23 2011 - 17:54:58 EDT

On 23-May, 2011, at 17:42 , Ray Block wrote:

> You might also want to look into supercharging a 4.7. Kenne-bell used to
> have a system but by now others might as well.

per stock rules, I can do anything I want for trans, tcase, top end, bore, stroke, etc but it has to have an available year/model block, and forced induction would had to have been factory, so blowers are right out.

the 4.7 Grand running even with Dakota RT 5.9s is pretty interesting though. I'll have to look at engine weights too, I bet it's worth a couple pounds to go 4.7. That said I can get a running driving 5.9/46RE or RH much easier than a 4.7 and trans. But I already have the right shell for a 4.7 build.