Re: Which base to build on?

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Mon May 23 2011 - 20:28:43 EDT

>>Motor probably would be pretty stock for the first season but it would be
>>nice to have the option to "build" it. I know I can go nuts on the
>>318/360 with roller valvetrains, M1 intakes, stroker cranks... What's out
>>there for the 4.7?<<

I know the 4.7 High Output was around in 99 in the Overland GCs. Those are
hard to come by, but the parts that make them go fast are easy to find. You
can get a H.O Intake manifold, big throttle body, and tuner. H.O cams are
more aggressive also, but you may want to look in to meaner options if
you're gonna' go through all of the trouble to swap cams. There are people
making some pretty big power with 4.7's. The right combination of parts goes
a long way.

- miggity

00' R/T CC 408.
DMLer since 1996.