RE: Which base to build on?

From: Ray Block (BPracing@wowway.com)
Date: Mon May 23 2011 - 17:42:50 EDT

I've been drag racing my 2000 4.7L GC 4x4 since it was new. It's held up
just fine. I don't know how it would stack up against a tweaked 360 '98 GC
but it handles stock 360 Dak R/T's just fine. With a 2001 4.7L throttle
body (a little larger than the '99-00) and a K&N FIPK it has run a best of
15.teens. That is quicker than my '92 Dak 318 was when basically stock.

You could go with a Gibson cat-back and pick up some torque and hp. Headers
might help as well but I don't personally know.

Mine came with the 45rfe but with a computer flash it could be a 5-45rfe.
(extra overdrive ratio) I chose not to go that route as I've found mine
likes a little rpm for best mpg. I've been on track, on road, off road, and
trailered my Dak 6000 miles with mine and so far it's done everything well
with no ill effects.

You might also want to look into supercharging a 4.7. Kenne-bell used to
have a system but by now others might as well.

Ray

This email was scanned by VIPRE version 4.0.4194 when it was sent, using
definitions version 9368