Re: A Dakota died for me tonight

Date: Sat May 28 2011 - 02:20:03 EDT

On 05/27/2011 06:16 AM, Josh Battles wrote:

>> http://www.moparhowto.com/pictures/2000-Dakota-Accident/pass_side01.jpg
>> http://www.moparhowto.com/pictures/2000-Dakota-Accident/pass_side02.jpg
>> http://www.moparhowto.com/pictures/2000-Dakota-Accident/pass_side03.jpg
>
> Wow! You got clobbered. Glad to hear you are ok. The dak is a pretty safe
> vehicle. I'd bet the cab mounts broke. There's almost 8" between the pinch
> weld and the frame and the body flares out past that. I would be surprised
> if there was much frame bending.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the cab mounts sheared considering the bed was a
good 5-6" further out than the cab from the pics.

>> I must say, you get quicker service in the ER when you show up in an
> ambulance.
>
> LOL, for sure. Also if you show up with a screaming child. When my daughter
> broke her arm they took us in in under 10 minutes as she was hysterical.

My local ER has a "peds ER" that has a dedicated room for parents with
screaming children so the main ER doesn't have to put up with them. ;)
Been there before too, after the wreck my ex-wife got in.

I can see now why my stepdaughter was screaming to get the neck brace
off, they hurt after a while.

> How do you feel today? In my experience, the 2 days following are always the
> most painful. Most insurance companies will give you some monies for being
> in the car and having to deal with pain and suffering, but will only do so
> if you ask. Pretty standard payouts too. Last time I was hit I got a
> concussion and was told by the guy's insurance that a concussion pays $1k.
> There might be the same thing for the documented injuries you received.

The muscle relaxants are kicking my butt. The painkillers are just
naproxen, so I'm not too out of it, but I went to bed at 4am last night,
woke up at 3:30, was falling asleep on the couch by 5:30pm, went back to
bed and woke up at 10:30pm. Yeesh. ;)

I don't know what'll happen the the insurance company. My friend said
to wait 10 months to settle as you don't know how things are going to be
in the next few months (neck injury, back injury, etc) so you want to
wait until you know for sure how much it affected you.

M.B.