Re: Gen III Motor Mounts

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Jun 13 2011 - 12:30:55 EDT

On 12-Jun, 2011, at 08:03 , Don Mallett wrote:

> Are they different from 2wd? If not here's some shots while I was swapping out the block in my 4.7. http://y2kota.us/47swap.html

I'd assume so, but maybe things came closer together after the 4x4 grew rack & pinion steering. In the early Gen IIIs the frames are VASTLY different (coil spring pockets are a part of the frame on the 4x2 while 4x4s are torsion sprung) and the motor mounts are very different too, with the 4x4 mounts tying into the front diff housing. and the 4x2 mounts standing on their own - being much beefier for it, but mounting to a different frame location entirely.

I looked into this after breaking motor mounts twice post axle swap....

Mike