Re: I bought a 4x4!!!

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Jun 29 2011 - 20:20:19 EDT

"Jim" <conv442@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Just picked up a 4x4 it's big and green and diesel and pulls like mad!!!

> Oh yeah it's not a Dakota, it's a Deere!!! Scored a 5205 tractor for 12.4k
> from a gent who is loosing his shirt and possibly his trousers in a bad
> divorce. Supposedly it was 36k new.

> Now all I need is to find a farm.....

> Pictures at http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k67/MrWhipple1/tractor/

Nice!! Looks to be similar in size to our 1970s 830, but a lot more
power, 4x4 plus a front loader! We've got an old Ford (8N?) front loader
but its pretty crappy. One of these days I want to get a backhoe - if
we had one all along, it could have paid for itself many times over by
now...

Mike beat me to the basement comment. ;-) A guy down the street from
us actually used his front loader to dig himself a basement.

One accessory you might want to keep an eye out for is a set of forks
for that front loader. Pretty handy for taking deliveries off a semi
or stacking heavy stuff.

Congrats again, looks like a great score!

--
                                          -Jon-