Re: 4.7 sucks for towing

Date: Sat Jul 02 2011 - 02:04:11 EDT

Realize the Durango probably weighs a thousand pounds more than a Dakota.

Friend of mine's 4.7L 5 speed Dakota (before it got t-boned) hauled a
car trailer with a Dodge Spirit on it, fully loaded with his belongings,
plus the bed of the truck full of his belongings, cross country from
Chicago to Spokane WA with nary a complaint other than having to
downshift to third a lot and getting like 8mpg.

Not that I'd recommend it, I'm sure he was WAY over the GCWR for the truck.

M.B.