Re: 4.7 sucks for towing

From: John Dunlap (jsdunlap@roadkill.org)
Date: Sat Jul 02 2011 - 10:32:59 EDT

Is this just a half ton? ya might wanna check on the specs of the tranny as well, if it's a plain jane 1/2 ton tramny may be too light, doesn't hurt to check, either way ... install a tranny cooler in addition to one melded into your radiator... if your hauling long distances , then the sprcial tow weight distribution devise might be needed, I live on a farm in Texas, tow stuff regularly and never needed one, my truck has towed to NW US and is now on it's 5th or 6 th run to Philly... tows great as is, if you tow high profile stuff, ie. , camping trailer, etc., it is recommended...

Sent from my iPhone