Re: How 'bout them numbers...

From: SilverEightynine@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 02 2011 - 00:55:03 EDT

Geeze - I'm one of the lucky ones I guess. I forgot what it was like to have
to deal with emissions tests. I have not had to have anything smog tested
since I left Chicago almost 10 years ago. They have sniffers in other places
in Wisconsin, - Milwaukee and Madison I think... but up here in bummsville -
nadda... no sniffers, no inspections. Which is lucky for a lot of people...
know how many dipshits I get that come in the store and want to hack off the
CAT or run compression fittings on brakes? Like to see that crap fly if the
state ever gets a bug up its rear and passes new smog/inspection laws.

--
TerribleTom

In article <20110824222612.4b2e628f@cuda>, huffy340@gmail.com (Eric) writes: > > > We had a rolling smog test age here for awhile too (i think it was 25 > years old, can't remember anymore) but they eventually fixed it at > model year 76 and newer. So at least my 74 Valiant is exempt. > > What's funny is that my wife took my 99 Dak to get smogged today. > It passed easily, so that's good news. I'll have to compare to the > last test, though, so see if there has been any noticeable > degradation. > > > On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 13:04:30 -0400 Don wrote: > > I'm in Connecticut. Unfortunately it does sound like California, > > doesn't it? In 3-1/2 years, it becomes an antique (25yrs) and no > > longer requires emissions tests. Fortunately we don't have safety > > inspections anymore. >