97 2wd stalling

From: Kurt Cypher (kcypher42.lists@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 04 2011 - 20:31:58 EDT

My Dak is a 97 v6 2wd extended cab. It was working fine on Wednesday,
and then sat unused Thursday & Friday. On Saturday, my wife drove it
to work (2 miles), and it stalled as she was turning left into the
parking spot at work. Worked fine 12 hours later to get home from
work. On Sunday, she again drove it to work. It stalled while turning
right at a stop sign, and then stalled again while turning left into
the parking spot at work. Then, 12 hours later, it stalled while
backing out of the parking spot, and she had a hard time starting it
again, and then it stalled at the exit from the parking garage, and
again had a hard time starting it again.

After she got home, I went out and tried it, and it starts to fire,
but then if I don't give it extra gas, it stalls out. If I give it
extra gas while starting, it will start, and if I keep the revs up, it
will keep running, but if I let off the gas, it will stall.

I don't think it's a problem with the angle it's at when it stalls, as
it appears to happen when the truck facing up or down hill.

I had a similar problem with a Nissan pickup years ago where the idle
would be off & it would stall when it was wet out (fixed by replacing
the ignition wires), so my first thought was that it might be
electrical and related to the heavy storms we had overnight & this
morning, but that wouldn't explain the problem on Saturday morning,
when it was not raining, just humid. There was rain Thursday morning,
and possibly some fog on Saturday morning, so I suppose it's still
possible the rain Thursday may have contributed to slight problems
Saturday, and major rain overnight may have contributed to major
problems today. If the problem goes away as things dry out over the
next few days, that'll potentially prove that it's electrical.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions or diagnostic questions?

Thanks,
Kurt