Re: 97 2wd stalling

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Sep 05 2011 - 01:50:44 EDT

On Sep 4, 2011, at 8:31 PM, Kurt Cypher wrote:

> After she got home, I went out and tried it, and it starts to fire,
> but then if I don't give it extra gas, it stalls out. If I give it
> extra gas while starting, it will start, and if I keep the revs up, it
> will keep running, but if I let off the gas, it will stall.

sounds like clogged or sticking Idle Air Control.

There's a plunger on the side of the throttle body that controls air
at idle. When that passage gets plugged up or the module starts to
misbehave you'll see what you're seeing now. Clean the IAC and its
passage along with the rest of the throttle body and go from there.

Mike