Re: Helicoils

Date: Mon Sep 26 2011 - 22:28:00 EDT

Thanks, at the time I only had one vehicle and I was in a hurry so I
used one of those self-tapping "HELP" bolts. I'd rather not try to
re-use it.

My Dad just built a shop and ordered a 2 post lift, so I think I'll wait
until that is installed before I mess with it. ;)

On 9/26/2011 7:15 PM, Jamie C wrote:
> Drilling and tapping was extremely easy, the bit just followed the old path.

>> Did you have any problems keeping the drill level and getting the tap in
>> straight enough to make sure the threads didn't go at some funky angle?
>>
>> I couldn't remember if it was M9 or M10, thanks.
>>

>> On 9/26/2011 11:22 AM, Jamie C wrote:
>>
>>> Just went through this so I know it's the hard-to-find M9x1.25.
>>> I got my kit from amazon for around $18, but I just did a quick search and
>>> see one on eBay for $14.99 shipped.
>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/M9-X-**1-25-Perma-Coil-Thread-Repair-**
>>> Kit-Uses-Helicoil-/**290611911899?pt=LH_**DefaultDomain_0&hash=**