Re: Power steering stop leak

From: Josh Battles (cletusjones@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 18 2011 - 12:18:03 EDT

On Oct 18, 2011 10:31 AM, "Jason Bleazard" <jason.dml@bleazard.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Oct 2011, Josh Battles wrote:
>>

>> I wouldn't use that stuff. Why not just pull the belt?
>

> I hadn't thought of that... I guess I'd need to come up with a short belt
to drive the alternator and water pump. And fight the manual steering for
two hours a day. Not my first choice, but it beats walking.

LOL, I forgot it's a serpenine belt and steering box on your dak. What's the
ratio and how often are you turning while not moving? I would think the
slower ratio steering box would be fairly easy to use (maybe don't parallel
park) without assist, your dak is the smallest configuration being short box
reg cab. How much does your truck weigh? The bimmer guys (2800 pound cars)
run 2.7LTL manual racks in daily drivers without problems, but I'm not sure
how a steering box works in relation to a rack as I've never had a vehicle
with one.

Josh