Re: Power steering stop leak

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue Oct 18 2011 - 13:29:07 EDT

On Tue, October 18, 2011 11:56 am, Michael Maskalans wrote:

> if you're running through that much fluid you've got to have nearly paid
> for a steering box by now…

:-) It just got worse recently. Now I'm curious... looks like I've been
buying fluid since July, and spent $61 so far. Dang. If I had gotten off
my butt sooner, I could have ordered the hoses from Rock Auto for that
much. I've got a ways to go before I hit Canadian Tire's quote of over
$500 though (yes five hundred just for two hoses, labor is extra).

I guess until I get this fixed I'll just get in the habit of checking the
level every time I get in the truck.

On Tue, October 18, 2011 12:18 pm, Josh Battles wrote:

> LOL, I forgot it's a serpenine belt and steering box on your dak. What's
> the ratio and how often are you turning while not moving?

Not sure the ratio, I can try to plan out the parking but jokers like to
park way too close while I'm in the store. I don't have to parallel park
anywhere I normally go.

> your dak is the smallest configuration being short box
> reg cab.

Sorry, I didn't specify... it's the '01, which is almost the heaviest
configuration available (although we went with the 4.7 instead of 5.9, so
it could have been worse).

--
Jason Bleazard  dontspamjason@bleazard.net  Burlington, Ontario
'01 Dakota Sport 4x4, 4.7 V8, Auto, Quad Cab, black