Re: Is my auto trans hosed ?

From: Bill Pitz (bill@pitz.net)
Date: Fri Nov 18 2011 - 15:41:10 EST

On 11/18/2011 12:31 PM, Jason Bleazard wrote:
> just me... I don't let anyone other than the dealer touch the trans. Yes,
> dealer service is expensive. ATF+4 is expensive. So is a new transmission.

I couldn't agree more. The transmission is the only thing that I have
never let anyone other than the dealership touch. They may charge a
lot, but the one thing I know for sure is that they will always use the
proper fluid and real Mopar filters. Given the reputation that the
Chrysler transmissions have, it's just not worth taking any chances to
save $50 on a transmission service.

-Bill