Re: Engine quit, no fuel

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Jan 16 2012 - 03:05:03 EST

Ted Wiegandt <twiegandt@gmail.com> wrote:

> Could it be a plugged fuel filter?

That was my original thought when I started having the problem, but as
far as I know the only filter is probabl a sock over the intake on the
fuel pump, since there is no inline filter. Also, its weird that the
problem would just occur out of nowhere - it wasn't exhibiting any
weirdness before then. Course, it was parked for a couple of months
in the meantime. The frozen water in the gas theories sounded good
because it had just gotten into the single digits here when that
happened. But I'm not sure what to think now, since I don't see how
any ice could have remained in the system after the heating I gave it,
and I cranked it a fair amount so I would have thought the water would
have worked its way through. I dunno!!

--
                                          -Jon-