Re: 2000 Dakota Infinity Sound system

From: Phillip Batson (pbatson68@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2012 - 16:18:17 EDT

Cool! At least I have an idea the dimensions that will fit that spot now.

I think I remember that infinity amp being 100watt, which is probably 25x4. I don't remember what the specs were on the speakers I replaced years ago. So, not sure if 4ohm or 8ohm, but am assuming 4ohm.

I think, at this point, that I'll leave the amp alone for the existing system and just get another amp to run the subs. There are 2 subs @ 10", rated at 450w RMS. Although, I'm not sure if that is per speaker or as a set. (Will find out when I get install manual with it.) 5 channel amps are pretty expensive, especially if I try to get something that can put out anywhere near what the subs can take. So I think I'll go the mono amp route for the sub for now. Going to have to figure out where I can bring the wire from the battery through the firewall.