Re: Re: 4.7 It's Alive!

From: tony@tasteofthemidway.com
Date: Mon Sep 03 2012 - 18:14:02 EDT

Had 12v at coils and injectors BUT aparently when  the PCM didnt
SEE that voltage, it would not fire the injectors!
Ok, the p0108 was
theMAP, plus another code said misfire at cyl 8.

will
change MAP, bu one of the damn screws broke off trying to remove it, now I
gotta deal with that too...
new Crank and cam sensors, will check
connections.
thanks for ALL the help!

> On Saturday, September 01, 2012 11:18:32 PM you wrote:

>> A Kid who works with me came over this afternoon with his dads
snapon

>> scanner $$$ he pulled a code not showing up on my dash, No ASD
voltage

>> at

>> PCM

> Whoa. Ok, so that makes sense given the symptoms, but I thought you
had

> tested

> and found +12V at the injectors? I guess not, if the +12V isn't
making it

> the PCM. Thanks for the follow up, though.

>> It's running a

>> bit rough though, pulled a p0108, not sure if a bad plug could
cause

>> that

>> code?

> My reference list says:

> P0108 (M)

> Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric

> Pressure Circuit High Input

> MAP sensor input above maximum acceptable voltage.

> So I'm going with "no", that's not from a bad plug. That's
a sensor out of

> range error.

>> also p1391???

> P1391 (M)

> Intermittent Loss of CMP or CKP

> Loss of the Cam Position Sensor or Crank Position

> sensor has occurred. For PL 2.0L

> Hm. You've replaced the cam and crank sensors. Maybe they need
another