Slowly repairing the crash damage...

Date: Tue Sep 18 2012 - 23:39:08 EDT

Well I finally got around to painting the replacement headlight bezel
and grill I purchased after the little old lady accident. I painted the
undamaged bezel to make sure it matched. I replaced the headlights too
because the ones on there were really bad:

http://www.moparhowto.com/pictures/1995-Dakota/newgrill/oldvsnewheadlight.jpg

I still need a replacement bumper but it looks a lot better than it did:

http://www.moparhowto.com/pictures/1995-Dakota/newgrill/newgrill.jpg

It's no pro job, but it looks ok for something I did in my back yard
with a few rattle cans. It's PR4 code paint, but the paint on there has
darkened from UV exposure a bit plus the truck needs a bath.

I ended up pulling the battery too so I could get to the headlight nuts
easier and had to pour a bunch of baking soda and water on the battery
tray then spray a little paint there too as battery acid ate through the
paint to bare metal. Looks like the battery is leaking, so I'm going to
get a new one of those tomorrow.

Now to find the time to go hunting in the boneyards for a decent
bumper. It's too bad, the stock one was in really good shape until the
old lady came along.

M.B.