Re: Replace head w/o timing chains

From: Josh Battles (cletusjones@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2012 - 19:34:48 EDT

http://www.customdakotas.com/forums/v8-performance/11776-4-7l-head-gasket-change.html

> Thanks
> everyone for the help!!!
> Tony.

You can have a ridiculous amount of machine work done for $500. Just take
the plunge and pull the heads. Until you can actually see what's going on
in there, everything is speculative at best.

Download the FSM from my website linked velow and use 7-zip to extract the
PDF.

http://omg-stfu.com/dml/2000DakotaFSMPDF.rar

Now get those heads off and post pics! After setting TDC on #1 you can
mark the timing gears and chain with a sharpie to help with alignment on
reassembly. Then remove the timing gears from the cams and go for it!

You can do this, just go slowly and take pictures if you're not sure.
You'll be fine.

Good luck!
Josh