Wheel ID

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2012 - 22:05:46 EST

Der Mod writes: >> Near as I can tell, your decipherage went well...
but you should look here for all the info on tires and rims you'll currently
need based on what the DOT regs are at this point in time:

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/administration/fmcsr/fmcsrruletext.aspx?reg=571.110

Yeah... it's mind numbing looking at all that but all the info is in there
to help you decipher the code on the rims... which has been required to be
on all rims made or sold in the USA for a couple of decades now by law
though it does get updated on occasion. Look at the bright side, at least it
isn't the tax code nor the foot thick book of regs for Obamacare that they
passed and are shoving down my throat while legally stealing more of my hard
earned cash... just so everyone could "see what's inside of it!". Pelosi =
complete idiot on two legs!

Anyways... here's where I may be able to actually help in a more direct
manner. The part that is "CT & W" I think means Carlisle Tire & Wheel which
is a part of a much larger conglomerate of companies under Carlisle
Transportation Products. They've got many different divisions and all sorts
of products, including tires and rims. They've been around almost 100 years
overall making all sorts of tire and wheel products - you can read the
website to find out all about them if you'd like. Anyway, an example of a
brand they control that you might know? They own the Cragar brand which
became famous back in the 1960s. I remember seeing many stonermobiles with
the classic 5-spoke rims on them back in the day while I was growing up. $5
says you too will know the rims I'm referring to.

Now, near as I can tell, not that I looked to far into it... you may have
rims meant for a trailer - I don't know one way or the other for sure... but
if I were you, I'd contact the company directly to see if they can help. I
did find a partial listing of some of their rims and you can find it here
(use the arrows to scroll back and forth where applicable):

http://www.carlisletransportationproducts.com/product/wheels

As for the main website, find that here:

http://www.carlisletransportationproducts.com

You can search around the website to see what you can find... or maybe
E-mail them directly with an inquiry to see if they did make your rims.
Include the information you found along the edge of the wheel lip when you
are on this page:

http://www.carlisletransportationproducts.com/about-us/contact-us

Sorry I cannot help much more... but without pics of your rims and any other
info that might be on them, I'd say it's safe to say that you'd be better
off contacting the company yourself because you can answer any questions
which are asked... ones that I cannot.

Hope all that helps you out... any by the way folks, I'd recommend everyone
look over that page for the DOT regs on car tires and rims. You'll learn a
few things that may be of use in the future for YOU! Also, if you live in
Canada or any other country... be sure to look up the regs appropriate for
your country. While some may follow the US regs verbatim... many will not.
In fact, some countries are so far back in the stone ages, they have ZERO
regulations! <<

Not too interested in the DOT regs, but the remainder of the
post has sites that I've bookmarked for future reference. They
seem to have some good info..
Thanks,

A fine is a tax for doing wrong.
A tax is a fine for doing well.