Sensor questions

From: jay & Dana (jdbear@shaw.ca)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2013 - 20:08:33 EDT

Hey Guys

Wow has the DML ever slowed down over the last couple of years. Anyway on a 97, 318 should a faulty or going faulty TPS or IAC cause a check engine light to come on? Because with the key on off method I just get a 12 and 55 with no check engine light at all. I thought it was the battery again but after all the testing it is fine. Some days no problems other days it keeps wanting to stall at stop signs and stop lights, even when it is warmed up.

TIA
~Jay