HD Cooling/Gas Tank IDs

From: Rader = Darn Jar All Dry Error (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Mon Nov 20 1995 - 15:46:19 EST

  Hey there, folks. Just found out I'm #13 on the list. Well, I'm
looking forward to membership here. Should be fun.

  Anyway, we took delivery of our '95 Super SLT club cab 318 4x2 5sp
late in July. So far, it's been a great truck. Definitely much more
enjoyable towing than with the old 2.8L S-10 (which was a decent truck
otherwise).

  I have a couple of questions wrt CC part numbers, which my shop manual
(you _did_ make this wise $45 investment with your Dakota, right? ;) has
only been partially helpful with. I'm looking for part ID #s that I can
use to verify the truck's option package.

  The SLTs supposedly come with the 22 gal. fuel tank, yet I only get about
16.5 gallons max into the tank after the fuel level indicator comes on
(with a range of about 290 miles, which is passable but barely sufficient
IMO). I'm wondering if I got shafted with the 18 gal. tank, and would like
to crawl under the truck to check part #s.

  We ordered the towing package, and with the shop manual's help, was able
to verify that we got the HD electrical group (720CA battery, 120A alternator).
However, I have no idea how to tell whether or not the HD cooling group
was installed. Since we have the 5 speed, there's no auxiliary tranny
cooler. Part #s and appearance of the radiator (core thickness, etc.)
appears VERY similar to that on my friend's '94 with the V6. On the
manual tranny trucks, what is included with the HD cooling group?

  Thanks loads,

  Ron "Suspicious, But Otherwise Semi-Pleasant" Rader