Re: Source of Molded Mud Flaps

From: Rader = Darn Jar All Dry Error (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Tue Nov 28 1995 - 17:04:19 EST

>I have a '96 SLT extended cab Dakota 4x4 V8 and I'm looking for a source for
>molded mud flaps that will go over the wheel well covers. (I posted a request
>last week, without response.) Mopar doesn't carry the molded flaps for the
>Dakota, only the Ram. Anyone know of an aftermarket source?

  Hmmm, my dealer told me they had them, albeit very expen$ive...

  I have seen them in the Western Auto type places, but I have no idea
whether or not they fit over the SLT wheel well moldings. I've also
seen them advertised in the JC Whitney catalog. Ditto for the fit.

  I'd sure like to know whether they fit over the moldings, since I
really need to install them on my truck. I'm thinking about resorting
to the non-molded "cut your own" type, just to keep the rocks from eating
my paint.

  Ron "Dingy" Rader