Re: MP Dakota Questions

From: Bill Countie (wgcount@husc.harvard.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 05 1995 - 10:21:23 EST

On Tue, 5 Dec 1995, Ned Vogler wrote:

> >No problems in 25,000 miles except what was corrected by the exhaust
> >change. There is a flat spot around 2500-3500. My engine used to rev in
> >first, run out of steam, and the shift to second was short shifted. You
> >will not have this problem as your 5 speed has a higher first gear (less
> >granny). But now my Dakota pulls firmly through first and shifts to
> >second inside the power band. <G>.
>
> About that flat spot... first of all, did you have this same flat spot with
> the stock computer, or did it turn up after adding the MP computer?? I
> understand your point about how the newer Dakota's have a slightly higher
> first gear, but I guess my question is, will adding the MP computer to my
> truck *without* adding headers or MP exhaust to it create the same flat
> spot???
No, The flat spot was there before the computer/exhaust change. It was
still there with the MP computer change. It went away with the
header/exhaust upgrade. I'm going to try replacing the original computer
(It pings on the reformulated gas when it gets cold) and I'll let you
know how that is. Slower, I believe. :-/
> But all it takes to forget about the payment, is to go for a ride and put
> my right foot down a little...
> <g>
It is what makes the payments bearable. :-)

> 1996 Dakota 5.2L 5-speed 4x4
> Ned Vogler
> E-mail: nvogler@rghosp.chime.org

1994 Dakota 5.2l 5 speed (R/T in progress)
Bill Countie
e-mail wgcount@husc7.harvard.edu