RE: Intro and question

From: Moise N. Solomon (msolomon@mail07.mitre.org)
Date: Thu Dec 07 1995 - 11:44:56 EST

> ----------
>From: msolomon
>Date: Thursday, December 07, 1995 7:35AM
>
>>I have a '96 SLT (V8 4x4 3.55 sure grip, skid plates, trailer tow) with
>>factory driving lights. The airdam is molded for the lights and makes a
>>clean installation. I have been happy with them and it adds some style
>>to the truck. It was a $90 option from the factory. I don't know what it
>>would cost to buy this from Mopar, but you would need the airdam and
>>lights as a minimum.
>
>I'll bet that does look real sharp, I know the Sport models with the blacked
>out grill look nice with the driving lights... Guess I shoulda shelled out
>another $90.00 for the lights :( Where do they put the switch for them?
> That might be another piece that would be needed to buy them after delivery
>(post-factory)...
>
> --Ned Vogler
>
> (nvogler@rghosp.chime.org)
> '96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp

Ned, sounds like we have pretty much the same truck. I forgot to mention I do
have the extend cab also...

The one thing I don't like about the factory installed fog lamps is the switch
and the switch location. The switch is mounted left of the steering column
down on the plastic panel below the dash board. It has a little light on it
to indicate when the lights are on, but you can't see it normally since the
steering wheel is in the way. Also, the switch looks like any other rocker
type aftermarket switch.

Someone mentioned about what they paid for their truck. My original deal
was for $700 over invoice with two trade-in vehicles. I also got pretty good
deals on the trade-ins (1988 Dodge D150 van, and 1989 Subaru DL wagon). After
I ordered the truck, the bedliner deal came out and a $500 rebate came out
which they gave me. So I ended up paying $200 over invoice plus a bedliner.

I must mention that there was very little haggling at the dealer I ordered
from. I had the dealer invoice information already. The salesman and I sat
down with the invoice numbers (out of his book) and MSRP numbers, subtracted
half the difference from the MSRP, and haggled from there. The negotiations
lasted about 15 minutes.

Moise