Re: Color Matched Caps

From: Howard Wilson (howard@bga.sps.mot.com)
Date: Thu Dec 07 1995 - 12:49:54 EST

To: dakota@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu

>>I just put a low top Century fiberglass cap on last week. They did a nice
job
>>of matching the color of the cap and truck. My Dakota is solid brilliant
>>blue.
>>
>>Moise Solomon
>
>Just a point of interest for those considering color matched fiberglass caps.
>have purchased one and know of two others where the gel coat was color
matched
>when the cap was made. They matched well when new but the color faded very
>quickly and within two years the caps looked sad.
>
>My suggestion would be to have the cap painted to match.
>

>Dave Clement

I agree. My cap was painted according to Chrysler's specs. The same paint
with a clear coat over the top. The store I bought the cap from had
manufacturer paint chits to match all of the major truck manufacturers
vehicles.

These caps come directly from the Century factory painted to match the truck.
It took about 3 weeks for me to receive my cap.

Moise Solomon

two years ago i got a Guidon brand hard tonneau/bed cover, factory painted to
match the color of my truck, and the color is still perfectly matched to the
truck. i ordered it using the paint code from the truck (pgf-emerald green
metallic), and it also took about three weeks to arrive.

i think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread--makes the entire bed of the
truck like a big trunk. and it comes off in about 5 minutes when needed.

no improvement that i could tell in gas mileage.

now you need to get a sprayed in bed liner, color coordinated to the truck. i
like my rhino sprayed in bed liner. it's tough stuff.

'93 4x4 5.2 auto extended cab le

--
Howard P. Wilson