RE: Intro and question

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Thu Dec 07 1995 - 12:36:51 EST

>From: msolomon
>Date: Thursday, December 07, 1995 7:35AM
>
>Someone mentioned about what they paid for their truck. My original deal
>was for $700 over invoice with two trade-in vehicles. I also got pretty good
>deals on the trade-ins (1988 Dodge D150 van, and 1989 Subaru DL wagon). After
>I ordered the truck, the bedliner deal came out and a $500 rebate came out
>which they gave me. So I ended up paying $200 over invoice plus a bedliner.
>
>I must mention that there was very little haggling at the dealer I ordered
>from. I had the dealer invoice information already. The salesman and I sat
>down with the invoice numbers (out of his book) and MSRP numbers, subtracted
>half the difference from the MSRP, and haggled from there. The negotiations
>lasted about 15 minutes.

Here in Massachusetts there is a group called Mass Buying Power that most
company's subscribe to for their employees. You call them and tell them what
vehicles you are interested in and they will send you a certificate with a
dollar value over invoice that the vehicle can be purchased for (it ranges from
$50 - $300) and a dealer(s) that will honor the certificate.

Most any dealer will honor the dollar over invoice on the certifcate if they
know you are willing to go to the suggested dealer. The only haggling becomes
the value of your trade (which you can only expect wholesale when using one of
these certificates) which you can get the Blue Book value of from any Bank that
issues used car loans.

Dave Clement