RE: Fuel Mileage? (and tires)

From: Mark.Kraieski@mailport.delta-air.com
Date: Wed Dec 13 1995 - 13:07:33 EST

'92 Dakota/318/Auto/4WD/Club

I get around 16.5 MPG around town and 18-19 on the highway if a stay around
65 MPH. Averaging 75, it is about 17. I do like the rush when that long
skinny pedal on the right is pushed all the way down. I suspect my wife
could get 20+ on the highway with the tailgate removed. Towing a 3500 pound
boat and trailer, I get about 11.

Regarding tires - I just switched from Wrangler AT to Wrangler Aquatreads. I
have found them to work just as well in mud and slop, and better almost
everywhere else, especially sand and rocks when aired down to 18 PSI or so.
They are quiet and wet road traction is greatly improved in all three areas
 - braking, accelerating and cornering. There not BFG MT's, but they are the
best compromise I have found between on-road and light off-road. They also
come with a tread warranty, forget how many K miles it lasts.

Anyone else running Aquatreads?

Mark