New Suscriber

From: CSiano@banyan.com
Date: Wed Dec 20 1995 - 09:33:18 EST

>Howdy!

Greetings and Welcome!!

>Back then, they were fairly inexpensive, I paid $16,900 ($400 above
>invoice, and there was a $750 rebate on top of that). The dealership,
>Joe Horace Dodge in Santa Fe, NM, was pretty good to deal with.

Ain't getting no cheaper, I paid mid $17,000 which was $450 above dealer
cost and I have a regular cab 4x4 SLT with a stick. Sticker price was 21,
300

>For you do-it-youselfers, maintenance is pretty easy.
>- Transfer case and differential fluid changes were 'cake'

If you haven't nailed the heads of the front skid plate bolts on a rock.
Thank god for Vice Grip pliers. (yup, I do 'wheel' this truck)

>- Tune up took me about 1 hour

Spark plugs are a dream to change, just wish the distributer was a little
more accessable. Also, for anyone with a '94 regular cab shortbed, where
in the sam hell is the fuel filter???? Every manual I can get my hands on
says its along the driver's frame rail, and unless I'm totally blind, I
can't see it.

>- Front brake pads were real easy, too.
>- Shocks were no problem (put Rancho 5000s in it, I am very happy
>with them).
>- The factory shop manual was worth every penny

Always!

>For all you new Dakota owners out there, my only surprise was that the
>air intake duct to the air cleaner house attract bugs like crazy. Every
>6 months, my air cleaner is full of bees and other bugs (they may sense
>the warmth coming out of the duct intake when the air temperature is
>cold). So check your air filter often!!

Switch to an open element filter housing. The throttle body is a standard
Holly 5 1/4" flange, so just about any filter housing will fit. Not only
does this get rid of the bug issue, but it also adds some power as the air
is not restricted at all. If you live in a snow belt area, I suggest the
K&N Airforce prefilter to catch all the salt and grime from the roads.
This foam wrap is very easy to clean and keeps the filter free of larger
junk.

Christopher Siano | Work Sucks... I'm going
CSiano@Banyan.com | Camping, Mountain Biking