RE: First oil change, and a bunch of other stuff.

From: Bill Countie (wgcount@husc.harvard.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 21 1995 - 14:28:09 EST

On Wed, 20 Dec 1995, Gary Gellert wrote:

> If you can't get your Dakota above 120 mph, well, you better take it back
> to the dealer, and have them tune up the engine. I regularly take mine
> up to about 180 km/p hour, which is about 110 miles per hour. If ChryCo
> didn't think the truck could go that fast, why does the speedo go up to
> 125 mph?

On the '94 it only goes to 110. :-/. It does get there rather quickly
though :-D. I have the heavy duty shock and sway bar option and it is
rock solid up to my top attempted speed of 110. I just looked down and
there I was! I was racing a guy at the RT 2/Fresh pond parkway which
opens up to a steep hill. Before the steep hill is a sweeping left curve.
At the curve I saw him quite far behind (Maybe he never saw one of these
trucks before) and then I looked down.

8-0.

Scared me.

I love it when it chirps on the 4-5 shift. But it is most likely the
cheezy tires I have. Cheap thrills.

1994 Dakota 5.2l 5 speed (R/T in progress)
Bill Countie
e-mail wgcount@husc7.harvard.edu