Kitty litter,bad idea

From: Bill Countie (wgcount@husc.harvard.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 15 1996 - 15:18:21 EST

Hello Dakota Folks,
        It seems that Kitty Litter is a bad idea. I was stuck in my
driveway Saturday in a mix of snow with ice under it. My stock issue
tires (Goodyear Invicta GL 215 75 R 15) acted like the good little rain
tires that they were, and created water. My truck, whose Magnum engine
offers any excuse to spin these on dry pavement, was delighted to
continue this activity where there was even less traction. I then took my
own advice and liberally coated the area with Kitty Litter. Spun the
tires like a room spins for a dipsomaniac. My white truck was now
spattered with the muddy remains of decomposed Kitty Litter. It seems
that upon contact with water, Kitty Litter becomes clay. Clay, I need not
tell you, Is just about as slippery as ice. The spattering of clay on my
truck was the final rasberry. I am wrong about using Kitty Litter for
traction on ice and I suggest if you do choose it, buy the stuff that is
mostly sand.

The idea for roofing shingles is a much better one!

1994 Dakota 5.2l 5 speed (R/T in progress)
no longer buried to the roof and on the road again
Bill Countie
e-mail wgcount@husc7.harvard.edu