RE: dakota wheels

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Mon Jan 22 1996 - 14:18:12 EST

From: olesky@Trenton.EDU@INTERNET on Mon, Jan 22, 1996 12:46 PM

>Thought you would like to know that pre 1991
>dakota five lug wheel spacing is the same as many
>other chrysler corp. cars. Examples are dodge's
>daytona, stealth, shadow, ect.

Just a word of caution about using wheels off a FWD car. There may be an issue
of wheel offset that could cause excessive loading on wheel and axle bearings.

If difference in offset ((Rim Width/2) - (Wheel Mounting surface to back edge of
Rim)) between stock rim and desired rim is minimal (I would feel comforable with
.250") then go for it. More than that and you should weight the possiblity of
early replacement of bearings into your decision.

Dave Clement