Re: New Shocks

From: CSiano@banyan.com
Date: Tue Jan 23 1996 - 09:17:33 EST

>I bought the K&N filter at my local speed shop... I've never seen them at
>the general part stores..
>It was 39.95 for Model E-1100 which works for Dodge/Jeep L6,V6, and V8
>engines. Yep, it just goes in just like a regular air filter...Good
>hunting...

Or, you can go nuts like me and replace the whole air cleaner assembly for
$200

New K&N housing with 14x4" open element filter
Home modified Holly Air cleaner adapter (to support housing at proper
height)
K&N AirForce pre-cleaner
K&N valve cover breather

Yes I managed to squeeze the 4" element under the hood, but it wasn't easy.
 I had to drill, grind and seal multiple places where it interfered. The
biggest problem was the bolt on the top on the intake manifold that holds
the compressor bracket. I had to drill a hole in the bottom of the air
cleaner so it sat over the hole, and then had to construct a special seal
inside using silicone. On the underside of the hood, I had to remove some
of the insulation and add protective rubber 'patches' to the hood to
prevent the air cleaner from pressing against the sheet metal. I've also
raised the front of the hood slightly to give a little more room which also
made adding a bug guard easier.

All in all, the filter works great and the sucking sound when you open the
throttle is very easy to hear. I love the AirForce precleaner, it removes
90% of the garbage and is a piece of cake to clean. The filter itself
hasn't even started to look dirty after almost 30,000 miles.

Christopher Siano | "How do you control this thing?"
CSiano@Banyan.com | "Who Cares, Go FASTER!"