RE: CD Player Input on Cassette Radio ...

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Thu Feb 01 1996 - 12:08:42 EST

From: tims@Synopsys.COM@INTERNET on Thu, Feb 1, 1996 11:46 AM
Subject: Re: CD Player Input on Cassette Radio ...

At 7:27 AM 2/1/96, CSiano@banyan.com wrote:

>>tape drive is poor, the tuner is inprecise, and the speakers are very low
>>quality.

>agreed! I had one friend who went through 2 factory radios/cassette units
>before he got one that could (somewhat) hold a lock on a stereo station.
>He ended up adding an FM signal booster to the antenna to get it to work
>(this was the infinity system with casette)

I have the Infinity system with the factory CD in my 89 Shelby Daytona. I am
quite satisfied with the system. The Infinity speakers have stood up quite well
and are clear and crisp. The CD player only skips on bone jarring bumps and have
never had a problem with either the cassette or the tuner. The only thing I
would like to improve is the bass response at low volume levels. I do not like
the joy stick balance/fader adjuster it's to sensitive but I only touch it if
some one bumps it.

The way I understand the the speaker layout is there are 5x7 coaxial full range
speakers in the rear kick panels, 5 inch woofers in the doors and 3 1/2 tweeters
in the dash. I did play around with the cross over caps on the front tweeters
and would up going with 4uF ones to get a little more range from the front dash
speakers.

If I am not mistaken the upgrade to the Infinity system over the standard stereo
cassette was about $200.00 and the CD player was about the same. I like having
both the CD and cassette but do not like having had to give up the storage bin
and cup holder in the console for it.

If I had been ordering this car new I would likely have not added the CD or
upgraded the cassette but it was there when I got the car and have no need or
desire to replace it.

Dave