Re: CD Player Input on Cassette Radio ...

From: TeamGTZ@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 02 1996 - 01:31:38 EST

In a message dated 96-02-01 12:03:16 EST, tims@Synopsys.COM (Tim Schneider)
writes:

>Alpine is a good brand, coupled with some Polk speakers, has anyone been
>successful at
>mounting an unobtrusive subwoofer in an SLT ext. cab? (maybe in the one
>underseat
>storage compartment)

What I did for a temp stereo (my Sport Club Cab came with the radio cassette,
no Infinity) is to transfer my Kenwood cassette/CD controller from my last
car into the dash (easy install) and stick the 10-CD changer under the
passenger seat with the Clarion amp under the driver's seat. What's great is
with the e-z sliding passenger seat, the CD is accessible only when the seat
is fully forward, making it (virtually) theftproof. I then folded up the
back seat and threw a Blues box with two 10" subs in back (extremely
un-theftproof). I then wired (quick disconnects) the woofs to the amp and
let the stereo run the stock speakers. The box is cable mounted to the bolts
that mount the back seat, so whenever I need room for more than 3 in the
truck, I just chuck the box into the bed. My permanent plan, in addition to
mounting HQ speakers front and back - stock locations, is one of two ideas:
 remove the box under the back seat that houses the jack and "stash"
compartment and lift the seat enough to stuff two pre-amped tubes each
pointing at opposite doors (limited to 8" tubes, not to mention my
engineering skills), or (more likely) remount the wider section of back seat
into the middle of the back wall and then mount two 10" or 12" tubes
vertically, pointing down, on extended brackets into the back wall, thus
retaining some function from the back seat, and getting some serious thump at
the same time.
    Of course both of these brilliant ideas are anything but unobtrusive.
 So, nevermind.
(Maybe just hollow out the back seat box, and stick your subs in there...)