Subwoofers

From: Burton, Doran (dburton@hq.walldata.com)
Date: Fri Feb 02 1996 - 19:40:48 EST

I have a Standard cab on my Dakota Sport so I didn't have much room to play
with. I opted for a couple of 6 1/2 in. Bazooka Tubes and they fit real
well behind the seat unless you're over six feet tall and have to put the
seat all the way back. With the Bazooka's I lost the last notch but I
didn't need it so I didn't mind. They sound great in the small space,
granted they're not an earthshaking bandpass system, but they do give a nice
boom. The only other option I could come up with was something custom but
space is scarce behind that seat. You could probably get your local stereo
shop to demo them in your truck, if they carry them. The only mod I had to
make was the jack storage rack, I had to remove the jack and I bent the rack
to cradle the speaker and strapped them to the holes in the carpet. They
don't budge a bit. I also put a piece of foam between the sub tubes and the
back wall, it eliminated the subs from vibrating (and vibrating on) the back
wall. Of course the only problem with the install is the lack of a tire
jack, but hey that's what roadside assist is for, right.

dburton@hq.walldata.com
94 2WD Dakota Sport 3.9L 5sp
*****
agreed! I had one friend who went through 2 factory radios/cassette units
before he got one that could (somewhat) hold a lock on a stereo station.
He ended up adding an FM signal booster to the antenna to get it to work
(this was the infinity system with casette)

Alpine is a good brand, coupled with some Polk speakers, has anyone been
successful at
mounting an unobtrusive subwoofer in an SLT ext. cab? (maybe in the one
underseat
storage compartment)

 -tim

                                 tims@synopsys.com