Larger Tires on 4x4 Dakota

From: DFuller288@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 02 1996 - 22:44:15 EST

I've been running a set of 31" Uniroyal Laredo tires on 93 4x4 5.2L Club Cab
for over a year now. I bought truck used, and put tires on right after
buying. 4x4 shops and dealer said 235-75R15 was largest that would fit.
 These 31" tires barely fit but have never rubbed. I did notice a drop in ga
milage of about 2-3mpg after the change. I think the engine is now running
below the optimum power zone. At 65 mph, the tack reads about 1800 rpm. A
bit low. On even slight inclines, the 4 speed auto trans shifts back and
forth out of 4th and 3rd gear. It gets quite annoying. Next tires will be
235-75R15. The 31" tires do look good, however.