RE: Larger Tires on 4x4 Dakota

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Sat Feb 03 1996 - 09:47:47 EST

My 89 4x4 came with 235/75-R15 Goodyear Wrangler Radials which are about 29
inches in diameter.

By the way some of your mpg loss may be due to speedo error due to the larger
diameter tires. The speedo bases it's readings on revolutions of the drive
shaft. If you install larger diameter tires the truck actually moves further
with each revolution of the drive shaft but the speedo still think it is moving
the same distance based on the diameter of the stock tires.

Dave Clement