RE: Tonneau Covers

From: Jeff Dean (jmdean@facstaff.wisc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 23 1996 - 19:58:56 EST

In message Fri, 23 Feb 96 13:08:08 EST,
  <jpc@philabs.research.philips.com> writes:

> I've had my 1995 Dakota Club Cab 4x4 for about a year now, and it's time
> to add a tonneau cover. Does anyone have any input as to which
> manufacturers I should look at (and which to avoid)? I definately want
> one which uses the aluminum rail system to clamp it to the bed, rather
> than the Velcro type. A quick net search came up with the names Safari
> (Tek Sport?) and Covercraft. Any pricing information would be
> appreciated as well.
> -JPC

I have a 1995 Dakota club cab. I wanted to cover the bed, but I didn't want
fabric because it was not secure. So I chose a fiberglass, hard, lockable
top by Guidon. I am very, very happy with it. You can take it off when you
need height in the bed, but it is very well made and locks. I will do the
same thing with the next pickup I buy.

Jeff Dean
1995 Dakota 4x4 V8 Club Cab __ _ __ __ __ . . . .
Obsessive BMW motorcycle rider |__) | | \ |_ |__) |\ /| | /\ |