Re: Towing

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Mon Feb 26 1996 - 11:47:00 EST

>From: rlr
>To: dakota
>Subject: Re: Towing

>>I have the 3.21 SG rearend, 5-speed, and the standard payload.

> In '95 at least, the sure-grip rear end only came with the 3.50 and 3.90
>gear ratios (according to the documentation).

I have heard this from more than one person, but when I checked my option
sheet sticker under the hood, I show the 8 3/4 rear end, with Limited Slip
(SureGrip), and I'm almost positive it mentions something about 3.21 rear
end ratio... Maybe you could check your option sheet and see what's the
same/different?? May I should <gag> call my dealer??

>>How big of a difference can/does the rearend ratio make??

> Check the tow rating matrix in the Dakota documentation. There should
>be different entries for different ratios.
> Ron

Yep, I did look in there, that was where I got the 7800# limitation for
vehicle+trailer+cargo, etc. Just wanted to be sure so when I get my hitch
installed, I know what the limitations are. Thanks for the info!!

Ciao!

         Network Administrator | _ _ _ _ _ _
       Rockville General Hospital | |_` |_` _ |_| |_| |_ |_| |_`
       (nvogler@rghosp.chime.org) | ,_| | | | |_ |\ ,_|
  '96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab |
  '84 Nighthawk 650 '85 Honda XR-350R | ----------------------------