Re: FW: I dood it ! (96 Dakota)

From: Paul Caskey (pcaskey@swcp.com)
Date: Mon Mar 04 1996 - 14:16:53 EST

On Mon, 04 Mar 96 13:37:00 PST,
Ned Vogler <NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org> said:

>- MP Chip (how do I install / will it void warrantee / emissions / what
> kind of horsepower/torque gains / will I like it ?)

Ned> Easy 10 minute install, won't void warranty, won't mess up
Ned> emissions (AFAIK), good for about a 25 hp gain, not sure on the
Ned> torque. According to MP, the computer won't be available for the
Ned> '96 until sometime this summer. :-( If you go all the way, get the
Ned> headers (I hear Doug Thorleys are much cheaper than MP, and the
Ned> catback exhaust, will increase performance even more)

Here's a stupid question: what does "MP" stand for? Mopar?

Someone mentioned only using the MP chip when you're not towing. Why?

How much does the chip cost?

I'm sure I'm venturing into FAQ land ... sorry ...

Paul Caskey mailto:pcaskey@swcp.com http://www.swcp.com/pcaskey
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists
elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
                                  -- Bill Watterson, cartoonist