Re: FW: I dood it ! (96 Dakota)

From: CSiano@banyan.com
Date: Mon Mar 04 1996 - 14:22:49 EST

>(Raising hand) I have this complaint, as well, and I just bought my
>truck brand-new. Every new Dakota on the dealer's lot suffered from
>this. What can be done about it? Should I crawl around under there
>with the sandpaper and go to it? Will that do any good? Harm?

Won't hurt a thing.

I generally crawl under my truck once in the spring and agin in the fall
and give the axles, springs, and crossmembers a good spray of black
Rustoleum. Doesn't make the part perfect, but from any normal angle, it
looks real good. One can lasts a while too. No need to go real nuts, one
coat usualy does it. Eventually it will flake as the rust comes through,
but for the most part it is protected.

Christopher Siano | "How do you control this thing?"
CSiano@Banyan.com | "Who Cares, Go FASTER!"