Winter problems (was: Any good deals out there?)

From: CSiano@banyan.com
Date: Tue Mar 05 1996 - 09:42:32 EST

>On a separate note, one minor thing I would change if I was on the design
team,
>is the parking brake foot lever. It's too close to the door, and when my
shoes
>are slippery, my shoe slips right off it. But it's happened to me enough
times
>by now, so I press it much more deliberately now to avoid another slip.

You get used to it, I just wonder why it has so much travel. I have the
rear brakes adjusted just fine, but the e-brake always goes full throw.
Never has failed to hold the truck, just annoying.

>Also, I've been avoiding opening the tailgate this winter. I don't know if
it's
>always snow, or just plain cold weather, that makes the tailgate difficult
>click into locked position. It seems I have trouble even when there's no
snow
>at all -- just cold weather.

There is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) on this, but do you think I can
get my hands on the text? NO. I've been to the dealer about four times
since I heard of the TSB. First time, "printer is out of paper". Second
time, "Printer is out of paper". Third time, "Printer is out of paper".
On the fourth visit, I told the service guy I know the printer is out of
paper, but I've been trying to get a copy of this for (I lied) six weeks,
could I read it on the screen? Sorry, customers are not allowed to handle
diagnostic equipment.

Anyone got the text? Anyone know how to get the TSBs? (except for that
service that has the titles on-line, they are too expensive for what should
be public information)

Christopher Siano | "How do you control this thing?"
CSiano@Banyan.com | "Who Cares, Go FASTER!"